Thursday, November 7, 2013

Anxious Mommy = Delicious Chocolate Dessert

Tommy's getting his tonsils and adenoids out tomorrow. I know it's very routine, but I'm still anxious. He's my baby and I can't help but be nervous. 

I had a nice distraction this evening with a little girls wine, snacks and hot tub at a friend's house. It was a great way to relax and take my mind off of packing our hospital bag. I wanted to bring something to share that was gluten free, so I made some mini chocolate pudding tarts. 

I used the Dark Chocolate Coconut Pudding and Single Pie Crust recipes. This time for the crust I used coconut oil instead of vegetable shortening. 

I made the pudding in advance so it had already thickened in the fridge. I made the crust recipe and let it rest for 10 minutes in the freezer. I took balls of the dough a little less than an inch in diameter and pressed them into mini muffin tins. I baked them for 15 minutes, let them cool for 15 minutes, and then filled with about a teaspoon of chocolate pudding. They are sooooo good. Nice little rich morsels of gluten-free, vegan goodness. 


Mini Chocolate Pudding Tarts

1 recipe Dark Chocolate Coconut Pudding
1 recipe Single Pie Crust

1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Break dough into balls a little less than 1 inch in diameter.
3. Press the dough into mini muffin tins, spreading the dough up the sides.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.
5. Fill each cup with 1 teaspoon chocolate pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment