Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkin Carving and Dessert

Tommy is in a phase where he really likes order. If he sees a door open that's normally closed he'll walk over and close it. So I guess it's not too surprising that he was the same way with pumpkin carving. Every time Ben would pull a handful of seeds out, Tommy would wait for his turn and put a handful of seeds in. Cutest little pumpkin carver.


I started the first round of trying recipes in preparation for Tommy's tonsillectomy next week. Thank you Pinterest for some awesome recipes. I made this Dark Chocolate Coconut Pudding from An Edible Mosaic and it is soooooo good. I followed the recipe except I didn't use the coffee or vanilla. It's a great combination of coconut and chocolate and it was really easy to make.


I'm finally getting around to using the ice cream maker for my stand mixer. I've had it a while, but until we bought a chest freezer I never had room in the freezer for the ice cream maker. I'm so excited to start making tons of coconut and soy milk ice cream!  Up first is Date-Sweetened Vanilla Ice Cream from Wing It Vegan. I'm still waiting on the ice cream maker to freeze, so I'll have to finish that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment