Thursday, October 10, 2013

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

Well, now it's looking like lentils are causing Tommy to have some eczema on his face. It's nothing near as bad as the eczema he gets from dairy, but it's there nonetheless. It's frustrating. Just when I think we've got a good handle on his allergies and am creating tasty recipes, he reacts to something else. 



The redness is worst for about an hour and then it's just a mild eczema outbreak. So he may be ok with a little bit of lentils every once in a while. Tommy's allergist once said that allergies that appear as eczema are less likely to lead to anaphylaxis than reactions like hives. 

Sometimes I feel like I'm kicking butt cooking with food allergies. Today is not one of those days. 

2 comments:

  1. I still think you're kicking butt at cooking with allergies! Don't let this knock you down, if I know you, you'll find an even better recipe that will work for him :)

    ReplyDelete