Monday, October 21, 2013

Paleoalmost

I have several friends who are doing the Paleo/primal living diets. So far everyone seems to love them, lose weight and have more energy. I've been feeling like I'm somewhat in a rut these days. So maybe it's time for a change.

I'm thinking of making a shift to a Paleoalmost diet. I guess it's more like the clean eating philosophy. We're pretty close to that right now when we eat what Tommy's eating. I won't go all hard core strict, more like making a general shift. I'm not going to let myself feel like a failure if I want a bagel or pizza occasionally.

Tommy's allergic to nuts and egg whites, so those will still be off of our meal plan. I guess basically I'm going to try and live to Tommy's diet more. I try to cook dinners we can eat as a family, but the rest of the day I tend to eat a lot of wheat products like bagels or bread. 

Tommy had another follow-up appointment with the allergist today. He got blood drawn for RAST testing again. I would love if some of Tommy's numbers are finally decreasing, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I asked for a referral to a Dietitian just to make sure that we're on the right track with Tommy's diet. He's growing well and happy. I just sometimes worry that he's not getting enough fat in his diet. And possibly eating too many orange foods (his pediatrician did notice that at one of his check-ups when he was younger).

So I guess I'll be joining Tommy on the dairy-free, high fiber, non-processed, lower sugar, gluten free diet. Starting tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment