Monday, March 3, 2014

Meal Planning - Week of March 3 and Last Week in Review - UPDATED

Update: After I originally posted this and did the grocery shopping, I decided to start the Whole30 Challenge yesterday. So I've made some updates to our original meal plan. For instance, I'm not making falafels anymore since the main ingredient is garbanzo beans. Instead tonight we're having leftover meatloaf.

Well, after our first week of meal planning, I've definitely learned a few things. I need more rest days. This last week I got pretty tired of cooking and cleaning by the end. The goal for this week is to make more double meals so we have plenty for a second dinner without any more cooking. It was easier than I thought to only go to the grocery store once a week. I don't think I forgot to buy anything, and since we had leftovers one extra day, we actually have all the food for dinner tonight too.  I'm hoping this trend will continue. I think it will definitely help decrease our food spending.

Wednesday is the beginning of Lent. During Lent, I'm going to try and make a vegetarian entree for dinner on Thursdays so that Ben can have a meatless lunch and some sort of seafood for dinner on Fridays. 

Here's the plan for this week:

Monday - Roasted Carrot and Bacon Soup

Tuesday - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, and Gluten and Dairy Free Green Bean Casserole Pizza

Wednesday - Leftovers  Whole30 Meatloaf, Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Sauteed Green Beans

Thursday - Falafels Leftovers

Friday - Coconut Shrimp

Saturday - Leftovers Carnitas Taco Salads

Sunday - Eat Out Leftovers


No comments:

Post a Comment