Friday, March 7, 2014

Whole30 Day 2 - Thank Goodness for Leftovers

One of my friends who recently finished the challenge sent me a link to The Whole30 Timeline to give me a heads up as to how I might expect to feel at various stages of the program. So far, I haven't had much of the "Hangover" phase. I think it helps that I already cut out Cherry Coke Zero over a week ago and I haven't been eating much gluten or desserts lately. I'm still sad about giving up soda. But after drinking one or two Cherry Coke Zeros everyday, I figured that I should try and cut the habit. Especially since it hasn't been on sale recently, and I really dislike paying full price for soda. 

Today was all about leftovers. It was nice to know that I had a fridge full of food that was on the program, delicious, and would be ready to eat in minutes. 

For breakfast I had the same as yesterday. Sweet Potato Hash Browns, two eggs, hot sauce and guac. Just as delicious as yesterday and even better since all I had to do was heat the hash browns and cook the eggs.

For lunch I had leftover Whole30 Meatloaf, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, and Sauteed Green Beans. It turns out the meatloaf is delicious with guacamole on top. We had bought a pack of Wholly Guacamole recently at Costco, so I'm eating that until it's gone and then I'll probably switch to diced avocados. 

Late afternoon I got a little hungry, but not nearly as bad as yesterday. So I had a couple garlic and jalapeno stuffed olives and some black tea with coconut milk. Definitely sustained me until dinner.

For dinner it was the same as lunch. The whole family had leftover Whole30 Meatloaf, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, and Sauteed Green Beans. So good. But Tommy wouldn't eat the sweet potatoes. Even though he LOVES sweet potatoes, he doesn't like them mashed with other stuff. So the fact that there is cauliflower in it makes it pretty much inedible to him. Oh well.

Since I had eaten the rest of the hash browns, I decided to make Onion Sweet Potatoes and Carrots last night so I could just reheat them in the morning and have them with some eggs. Plus Tommy loves roasted sweet potatoes and carrots, so I knew he'd be happy to have that with lunch. 


Onion Sweet Potatoes and Carrots

1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
6 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp dried minced onions
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Toss all ingredients together in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
3. Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway through.

No comments:

Post a Comment