Thursday, March 20, 2014

My New Favorite Meal - Buffalo Chicken Alfredo with Sweet Potato Noodles

I've made Brittany Angell's Buffalo Chicken Alfredo with Sweet Potato Noodles twice in the last two weeks. It's soooo good. It's rich, creamy, a little spicy and so satisfying. I barely had to modify it to make it Whole30 compliant. Both times I doubled the sauce and added more veggies to the sweet potatoes to make it a one dish meal. It is really delicious reheated as leftovers too. 

The first time I used three smaller sweet potatoes and one head of cauliflower that I cut into florets and roasted. The second time I used one giant sweet potato and added leftover chopped broccoli to the cooked noodles.

I followed Brittany's recipe for the sauce and noodles. Check out her recipe here. I doubled her recipe for the sauce, except I used one whole can of full fat coconut milk for the cream, only used two tablespoons tapioca starch, one tablespoon of refined coconut oil for the butter and omitted the chili powder. 

This week's version was even better than the one I made last week. Last time I roasted boneless skinless chicken thighs in the oven. But they didn't crisp up the way I had hoped. This time I grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts seasoned with salt, pepper, smoke paprika and olive oil. The chicken was so flavorful with a nice crispy outside and super moist inside. My absolute favorite way to cook chicken.


No comments:

Post a Comment