Friday, March 7, 2014

Whole30 Day 3: Crabby with a Capital "C"

This morning I woke up incredibly crabby. I think I skipped over the second day of the Hangover phase and jumped straight into "Kill All The Things". I had a really hard time falling asleep last night. So when I woke up as Ben was getting ready for work I was super grumpy. I was able to go back to sleep for a little while, but then when I woke up for the day I was full on crabby. I was tired, and my coffee with coconut milk just wasn't as tasty as it was the last two days. 

I had plans to meet a friend at the gym and then do something afterward. I was really really close to bailing and just sitting at home grumpy. I'm so glad I went to the gym. Halfway through my workout my mood completely turned around. Instead of having a miserable day, I ate a bunch of tasty food, went to the gym, hung out with a friend and then came home and cleaned out my car. Overall it turned out to be a pretty good day. Although now I'm super tired.

For breakfast I had Onion Sweet Potatoes and Carrots, two eggs, hot sauce and guac. And coffee with cream from a can of coconut milk. Yes, it does look very similar to my other Whole30 breakfasts, but the veggie combo was different. The carrots were a nice change from just sweet potatoes.


For my after workout snack I didn't have anything portable to bring, so I got an Americano (black) at Starbucks and they did have one thing of a sweetener free dried fruit and nuts. Not the ideal choice, but it fit within the program and it was better than nothing.

Lunch was the same as yesterday. More of the Whole30 Meatloaf, Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Sauteed Green Beans.

Dinner was the delicious Whole30 Coconut Shrimp and Roast Veggies with Red Curry Sauce. The veggies took a while to peel and chop, but it made a ton so we have a LOT of leftovers. The shrimp were really pretty quick to make. 

I'm ending today full and tired. Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment