Thursday, September 5, 2013

Crock Pot Liners (Pork Pot Roast)

One of my favorite products is the Reynolds Crock Pot Liners. They’re heat safe plastic bags that you put in your crock pot before you add all your ingredients. It makes cleanup super easy. And according to the Reynolds website they’re BPA free.

I love cooking roasts in the crock pot, but I used to dread the cleanup. The watery/fatty liquid leftover after cooking a roast was too watery to go in the trash and too fatty to go down the drain. Sometimes in the winter I would leave the crock pot outside so the fat would harden. But then you have one or two day old nasty crock pot mess. 

But now with the crock pot liners, I just tie them up and put them in the trash. It’s a sad day when I forget to use a liner. The liners do sort of leave a white stain on the black crock pot, but it's a small price to pay for the easy cleanup.

Before the Cooking

Throw the Yucky Baked on Grease Away

After. It's Almost Clean Enough to Not Need Washing. Almost.

FYI, this is not a paid endorsement. I just really love this product.

Tonight we had pork pot roast. It was easy, delicious and made the house smell good all day. I served it with some Tommy safe rolls and we all gobbled it up. I love the crock pot.

Pork Pot Roast

2 lbs. boneless, lean pork roast
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp dried rosemary
3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1 inch chunks
2 medium onions, diced
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained

1. Place pork roast in slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle with garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary.
3. Add remaining ingredients.

4. Cover. Cook on high 4-5 hours or on low 7-8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment