Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Welcome!

This is how the conversation usually goes: 

Other person (usually a mom): “Oh, your son has food allergies? What’s he allergic to? 
Me: “Dairy, nuts, peanuts, corn, egg whites, rice, wheat, barley, beef, peas and pineapple. And either honey or mustard” 
Other person: “OMG, what CAN he eat?!” 

For a while, our son pretty much subsisted on oatmeal, fruit, sweet potatoes, ground turkey, peas (before he developed a pea allergy) and coconut products. Now he’s almost two and he’s finally realized that mommy and daddy are eating food that looks much better than his. So now we have the new challenge of making foods that our toddler can eat and that we’re willing to eat too. 

I love to cook, but I don’t cook all of his meals from scratch because I’m making a statement or against grocery stores. I cook his meals because I have to. Trust me, if he could eat mac and cheese from a box I’m sure that’d be a frequent meal in our house. After lots of prodding from my husband, I've finally decided to start a blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment