Thursday, August 29, 2013

Unexpected Tears (Coconut Berry Popsicles)

Tommy’s 21 months old and he’s never had a popsicle. It’s been pretty warm here, so I figured a coconut berry popsicle would be a great afternoon snack. Boy was I wrong. I've never seen Tommy so upset about a snack. He burst into tears when we handed him a popsicle. He wouldn't even lick it! Sometimes it’s funny the things that will upset toddlers. The popsicles were nice and refreshing. I think we’ll have to try them again next summer.


Coconut Berry Popsicles
Berry puree
Vanilla coconut milk
Popsicle molds


I made a berry puree by cooking frozen mixed berries in a heavy bottomed stainless steel pot. I cooked the berries on medium for several minutes until they turned into a chunky sauce. Then I pureed them in a blender. Using water, measure the volume of your popsicle molds. Combine one part berry puree and one part vanilla coconut milk. Stir to combine in a large measuring cup and pour into the popsicle molds. Freeze for several hours until firm. 

1 comment:

  1. Mmm we do these all the time! They're a huge hit (among all of us). My favorite part is that you guys are eating what he eats along with him--I think that's so important. Way to go guys!

    ReplyDelete