Thursday, August 29, 2013

Mock Romesco Sauce

Recently my sister and her fiancé threw an awesome engagement party. My sister made a fantastic Romesco Sauce.  Her sauce was so delicious on sliced bread that I couldn't stop eating it. Her sauce was made from almonds, red peppers, tomatoes, roasted garlic and bread. I would like to eat that sauce by the spoonful, but since Tommy’s allergic to almonds and wheat, I made my own Mock Romesco Sauce.


Tommy loved dipping his bread into the sauce. I think he liked the act of dipping more than the taste of the sauce, but it’s a start. Here is the recipe for my Mock Romesco Sauce:

Mock Romesco Sauce
1 red bell pepper, diced
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
¼ cup chopped onion
1 Tbsp canola oil

1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper

Heat the oil in a medium sauce pot over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and sauté until softened. Add the tomatoes, salt and black pepper. Cook until heated through. Puree the sauce in a blender until smooth. Serve warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment